I just received a great targeted email from Canon (the camera people).
What I liked:
- It landed in my inbox (not promotional box in Gmail). So I must have signed up and have interaction with them before. Confirmed email address email?
- Time of day was good at 4.26pm (people are usually clearing emails at this time of day…also nearly going home time so people’s moods are usually good).
- It used my first name in the subject but not in a spammy way. I was interested to learn more.
- The Subject pulled me in “Darragh, we are starting your summer early”.
- Email was from Canon Europe so they were upfront that the email came from a mail provider.
- They used a count down time to build interest in the content.
- The main content looks great…I love story telling and photography..so I’m looking forward to see what Canon has next.
I hope this will inspire you to wow your customers.